Flow Rate Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter dhutcheson
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dhutcheson

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2010
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Location
Athens
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am putting together the frag tank and have a question on flow. With my current tank 60 Cube I designed the flow and hardware purchases on turning my total water volume between 10 and 15times per hour so around 600gph to 900gph. I currently and have it turned down to about 420gph of true flow. And everything seems to fine.

So my question is should the flow in a frag tank be about the same or higher or lower?

Should I go with a larger skimmer and return pump or power heads to create more flow in the tank?

Thanks For the Help
 
If it were me I'd keep the flow as close to your DT as possible. If you're cutting frags from mother colonies in your DT then why mess with the flow they're used to getting, especially if they're in a weakened state from being recently cut.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new