Flow rate refugium compartment Eshoppes AF-200 sump

TG17

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2024
Messages
19
Reaction score
5
Location
Mooresville
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m setting up a new to me eshoppes AF-200 sump, it has a refugium chamber and I’m wondering. If I can run my media reactor and/or UV from that section. Does it get enough water turnover for this to make sense?

Right now I’m not planning to setup a refugium so I’d like to make use of this space if the water flow is appropriate.

Anyone have an info, feedback on this idea?

Thank You
 
I have that sump and the water flow is very slow. My cheato was tumbling but as it grows bigger it stopped. And when the water drains over into the return chamber, it sounds like somebody’s peeing so I don’t know that I would use anything with high flow in that chamber.
 
I have that sump and the water flow is very slow. My cheato was tumbling but as it grows bigger it stopped. And when the water drains over into the return chamber, it sounds like somebody’s peeing so I don’t know that I would use anything with high flow in that chamber.
Thank you for sharing your ecpeienve.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new