Flow sensors - help please

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JeremyGelber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have 2 flow sensors, but only one of them is recognised by my Profilux (3 eX, 6.25 firmware). I use a PS/2 splitter, and either sensor will register flow but only one at a time and only if in position 1 which appears to be the "keyboard" out of the splitter. My Profilux has a Level 3 input but there is no way in GHL Control Center for me to select level 3 - I can only select 1, 2, or Not Active.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on? I bought a second PS/2 splitter thinking that was the issue but it's the exact same problem.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. I'm not a GHL controller user myself (but love my GHL dosers), but I know of a couple of folks that may be able to help. @reefwiser and @d2mini, any suggestions here?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I alerted him last night. He was having internet issues. I am sure he will get back with you,:)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ProfiLux 3 supports up to 4 total flow sensors. These sensors can only be connected to the Level 1 port, Level 2 port, or an expansion card with Level ports.

OP
OP
J

JeremyGelber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is the level 2 port? That is the single port which requires a splitter, correct?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Level 1 and 2 are the same port as labeled on the back of the controller. You can connect the splitter cable to the Level1/2 port and connect both sensors to these ports.

OP
OP
J

JeremyGelber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I've discovered that the splitter cable isn't a standard PS/2 cable, and I need to buy a GHL one which will arrive in the next couple of days.

My Profilux 3eX has another port labelled "Level 3" but that doesn't show up in the Control Centre. Why couldn't I use this port rather than having to buy a GHL splitter cable?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%

Back