Flowwwwww... Question

Salinas Hawk

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2010
Messages
62
Reaction score
7
Location
Salinas, CA.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I feel like my 180g is small, haha. I currently have a wp60 that is creating a nice wave motion... And a cheapo powerhead that is agitating the surface.

I want more flow for my tank that will be SPS dominated. I have 400w 20k mhs, so im good on light.

Question: I think my tank is too small and I'm worried about powerheads being too close to the sps. Uhhh, Any suggestions.

I dont have any coral yet, just fish... But I plan on adding dozens of sps frags in the next couple months.

Budget? We dont need any stinking budgets. Hahaha.

Thanks in advance for any help.
 
I tried to attach a vid, but I got an error message.

I'm thinking about putting power head on the back of a 180, 6x2x2, but they might be too close to the corals.

Maybe a wp60 on one side and an MP 60 on the other side.

And I will definitely have at least two cheapos agitating the surface.

Will try a vid again later. Just started posting again, and I'm using my iPad, ain't got it dialed yet, haha.
 
Couple of MP60s should be more than enough for you. When it comes to SPS and flow, well, you can never have to much.
 
I will get one mp 60 soon... And a second one after paying down the credit card. Haha.

Should I be concerned about positioning the powerheads too close to the sps.
 
Nope. Shouldnt have to worry about where you put the SPS, unless its a low flow specific one.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new