0   0   0
Proof that it works

DSC_1233.JPG

crisalex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks. I once used it. I was worried and just got a prescription for humans and my tank looked awesome. I was worried that my herbivores would die but they did fine with supplements.
Hello, I have a question, I am from far far away in Europe. In my country there is no fluconazole available for fish disease, only for humans (150g/pill). Can I use it against Green Hair Algae, even if it is for human treatment?

Brandon Rush

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming to the end of my 14 days and still have a ton of algae, is it safe to put the protein skimmer back online? Should I do another dose? Leave the current stuff in longer? Any help would be appreciated

airvicconcre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hello Mike. I have the hair algae problem in my aquarium. I have read and seen your video and I will use fluconazole to treat my tank. I needed to ask if I have to dose 20mg/gallon of fluconazole in the tank every day for 14 days or just one time 20mg/gallon and then do a 20% water change after two weeks? I also have chaeto in my sump, should I remove it?
Thanking you in advance.
Z

OP
OP
Mike Lemming

Mike Lemming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming to the end of my 14 days and still have a ton of algae, is it safe to put the protein skimmer back online? Should I do another dose? Leave the current stuff in longer? Any help would be appreciated
Must have done something wrong.. did you use flux rx? That stuff didn’t work for me either. My green hair algae was almost gone before the 1st week was over..

OP
OP
Mike Lemming

Mike Lemming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Mike. I have the hair algae problem in my aquarium. I have read and seen your video and I will use fluconazole to treat my tank. I needed to ask if I have to dose 20mg/gallon of fluconazole in the tank every day for 14 days or just one time 20mg/gallon and then do a 20% water change after two weeks? I also have chaeto in my sump, should I remove it?
Thanking you in advance.
Z
I used 1 pill per 10 gallons. One dose. No need to continue to dose. I would do a 20% ish water change and then throw carbon in and then your skimmer on. I also left my cheato in the tank and there wasn’t any effects on the cheato. Good luck!

airvicconcre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must have done something wrong.. did you use flux rx? That stuff didn’t work for me either. My green hair algae was almost gone before the 1st week was over..
Hello Mike.
I did not use Flux RX however for us living in India it’s easier to procure the original Fluconazole in the dose of our choice. I have a 150 gallon aquarium and I dosed 2mg/gallon. Today it is day 9 and till yesterday the gha was going very strong. I tried to manually remove them from rocks and scrape the walls. I was surprised that the gha was easily wasting out, I didn’t have to put much effort in plucking them. I tried to manually scrape off most of it. I believe the treatment is working however I will wait for the entire 2 weeks (a couple of days more) before I do a 20% water change. I now have a green slime algae problem on my sand bed, maybe due to nutrient from the treatment?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back