Fluke?Ich?Velvet?

LowBucks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been reading other posts about parasites and treatment plans. What I haven't heard yet and I guess this is what my question is, after detaining the infected in a QT tank what about the main tank doesn't that still have infected water so when I return the uninfected it starts all over again. It would be insane to have to Qt all the fish at the same time to rid my tank of all these pests especially if the QT tank is only a 10gal. That's all I have room for. Also where do I put my corals and shrimp in the meantime, what about sand holding all the copper do I need new sand if I have to treat the main tank. There are a lot of replys to treatments on the forum but I haven't found anything that is detailed enough to fill in the blanks about all my questions. So if you all have the answers letr rip.
Thx Jeff

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what they do is move all fish out of display and let display run without fish, hosts, for 45-90 days you choose the length based on fallow tank research but its one of those two options. that starves the infection from the tank, for the types that can be starved out and its most of the pertinent ones.

you'd never medicate the tank you'd starve it of fish presence (but you still feed the cuc and corals) the qt is the only place that gets meds and it has no sand or rock, agreed. you need bigger qt or multiple ones

the infections swirling around or attached in the main tank die off over time due to no fish to host it doesnt take meds to kill the majority of bad players.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

• I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Other.

Back