Flukes or a scratch?

Dsoc

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 7, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I’m just being a little cautious, I did a water change today and right now I have two clowns and a starry blenny in the tank. Everything went well, later on I noticed something on the side of my starry blenny it looks like he scratched himself on a rock or something but there’s also something bubble like moving on his skin, which could be his skin just not really sure however it kind of resembles a fluke. So id just like some opinions and possible options on solutions if it is a disease. I uploaded a photo and video (shows it more clearly I believe). Thank you!
91606785-238C-4414-AAC7-55E84AC97AC7.jpeg

 
Has the Blenny ever been freshwater dipped or treated for or prophylactically treated for flukes?
 
No it has not when I purchased it from the pet shop it was there for a month with no signs of disease what’s so ever and it’s been in my tank for about 2weeks doing perfectly fine
 
I don’t think it’s flukes but they are very common in the distribution system now so many do make it to our display tanks.

I’d watch it carefully. Due to their behavior blennies can often get scratched as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new