Fluorescent Snot?

Formulator

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2024
Messages
2,706
Reaction score
2,759
Location
Saint Louis, MO, USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was messing around in the DT with a couple frags earlier today and I saw a small strand of snot like substance float across my view. It was neon green fluorescent, and seemed to dissipate fairly quickly after I saw it. If you have ever used RedSea Coral AB+, that’s how brightly fluorescent it was. Any idea what that could have been? Its gone now and no photo, but I’m genuinely curious what in the heck I saw…
 
What were you fragging? have seen mushrooms release stuff like this before when cut (seems especially common among rhodactis). I have also seen smaller pieces come off of hammers if you brush against the tip accidently.
 
What were you fragging? have seen mushrooms release stuff like this before when cut (seems especially common among rhodactis). I have also seen smaller pieces come off of hammers if you brush against the tip accidently.
Not fragging but I irritated the heck out of an acan/micromussa.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new