Fluval 123l questions…

scubanome

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fluval Flex 123l which has cycled and is doing well so far. I have 3deep media baskets with ceramic in the bottom, chemipure pure elite and floss in them. I have 2 Marine 3.0 lights, TMC reef tide 4000 the PS1 skimmer and stock pump which I am looking to replace.

2 questions: which pump which is available in the UK will fit under the PS1 skimmer and should I use to replace the stock one? Which auto feeder is best to add on to the tank as I have read the fluval one isn’t great?

I have a chromis, lawnmower blenny, cleaner shrimp, hermits and various CUC as well as a mushroom and star polyp currently.

thank you!

KonradTO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As autofeeder I think most use the eheim feeder, very good quality. Also for the return pump I think people use a sicce sincra but I cannot remember which model.
I got rid of the return pump and made a pvc overflow connected to a 60l sump. Also if I were you I would get rid of the lid, in summer it is a bit hard to manage properly the temperatures. If you don't want to top off too often you can use an acrylic lid and place your lights on it. You will end up anyway using an ato (probably)

Lou48314

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As autofeeder I think most use the eheim feeder, very good quality. Also for the return pump I think people use a sicce sincra but I cannot remember which model.
I got rid of the return pump and made a pvc overflow connected to a 60l sump. Also if I were you I would get rid of the lid, in summer it is a bit hard to manage properly the temperatures. If you don't want to top off too often you can use an acrylic lid and place your lights on it. You will end up anyway using an ato (probably)
I made a wood canopy for mine. Just got it on tonight.
Mounted two Marine 3.0 lights using the brackets from the original hood. Got the lights about 5 inches off the top of the water now.
I'll have to post pics tomorrow. Don't have time tonight.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 37 86.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.0%
Back