[Fluval 13.5] Bought a chamber 1 basket and my tank almost overflowed

kiran

reef noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the chamber 1 from 3d ocean on etsy and I've been having a big issue with it. Because of the restricted flow with the new chamber it's completely draining my overflow and making the water level in the main display almost overflow. I'm also using the plug.

Is there a way to fix this? I woke up and found my tank almost overflowing and I almost tossed this thing in the trash out of frustration.

OP
OP
kiran

kiran

reef noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you all running for media in it? By itself it shouldn't cause overflowing.
Some filter floss, polishing pad, and a small carbon bag.

Here's some pics

EDIT: I pulled out the polishing pad so its now only the filter floss and carbon in the basket. I don't think it helped much.

78BCEE39-4ECB-4786-AF4D-22695FD22BFE.jpeg B9936849-F8C6-486C-91DB-B9AFE73D6E79.jpeg 6147493F-BBBA-4C76-BD8B-8C1D159174CD.jpeg 1392EC84-FC2F-4675-8E8E-ADC6FB677D41.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some filter floss, polishing pad, and a small carbon bag.

Here's some pics

EDIT: I pulled out the polishing pad so its now only the filter floss and carbon in the basket. I don't think it helped much.
Removing the polishing pad will probably help. On my nanos I always ran a think layer of filter floss that I replaced every 3-5 days and the small nano packets of ChemiPure Blue. My experience has mainly been with the InTank baskets, though.

OP
OP
kiran

kiran

reef noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Removing the polishing pad will probably help. On my nanos I always ran a think layer of filter floss that I replaced every 3-5 days and the small nano packets of ChemiPure Blue. My experience has mainly been with the InTank baskets, though.
Luckily I also have an InTank so I'll give that one another shot.

Thanks! Also I pulled out the polishing pad and did some rearranging and it seemed to help. We'll see if it's just overflowing really slow and I'm just not noticing.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luckily I also have an InTank so I'll give that one another shot.

Thanks! Also I pulled out the polishing pad and did some rearranging and it seemed to help. We'll see if it's just overflowing really slow and I'm just not noticing.
Sure. The InTank stuff works awesome - but is a bit pricier. If you have one I'd definitely try that one to see if anything improves. A lot of people also upgrade the stock pump to something like the Sicce Silent 1.0, but if you search around on R2R for "EVO upgrades" you might find some alternatives as well.

OP
OP
kiran

kiran

reef noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure. The InTank stuff works awesome - but is a bit pricier. If you have one I'd definitely try that one to see if anything improves. A lot of people also upgrade the stock pump to something like the Sicce Silent 1.0, but if you search around on R2R for "EVO upgrades" you might find some alternatives as well.
Yup. I got the Sicce 1.0. I'll probably end up swapping out the baskets in the end.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 98 80.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.9%
Back