Fluval 13.5 Lighting

callen.haines

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, I have an absolute overkill fluval 13.5. My lighting is a 3-foot ATI 8-bulb T5 fixture with two reefbrite XHO led bars. It looks goofy. If I save this light for a bigger tank and switch to a more aesthetic LED option, should I go for an XR-15? Would an XR-30 be super overkill? I like the idea of more light and naturally am swinging with a G6 XR-30 but let me know what you think and if it would be too much light.
Thanks.

Tathamet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think an xr15 would be fine. Even then you’ll still probably want to turn it down. I have an ai prime hd (basically half an xr15) on my 13.5 and it’s enough for sps on its own. Though I would prefer the spread of a hydra 32 which I think I read was equivalent to the xr15.

TampaSmitty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that I’m selling anything lol, but I’m using the ai prime on my 13.5 and it does well, it’s a slight bit short to cover all the tank but I’m doing zoas only and is just fine. An xr30 for sps would cover all ends though. And I do have a new in box g5 with rms hint hint if you decide you need one.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%

Back