Fluval 13.5 Ramp Up Timer

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys! So I decided to not buy a Kessil or AI Prime. Stock light is fine for what my plans are. Now this was meant to be a budget tank. And I could pour all kinds of money into it. So I don’t want to veer to far from its original purpose. So far the wavemaker and heater I’m happy with and I may add an ATO. The stock light sucks because it’s 1 channel Touch switch. My plan is just to leave the lights in white and use a ramp up timer. Switch too blues when I prefer etc.

I think that’ll get things at least on a schedule with the wavemaker etc.

Question? Has anybody used this Ramp up timer.

NICREW Aquarium Light Timer, Fish Tank Light Controller and Dimmer

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using this timer on the same tank for a few months now and works great!
Yeah. I also noticed you have the same Wavemaker I do. Be curious to know what you did with settings but our setups for equipment look pretty similar. I’m going to go ahead and buy it. $13 cheap!

ReefingDad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I also noticed you have the same Wavemaker I do. Be curious to know what you did with settings but our setups for equipment look pretty similar. I’m going to go ahead and buy it. $13 cheap!

The wave maker I like a lot! I ended up placing that under the return nozzles though because even on the lowest setting when I had it on the opposite side of the glass I had problems with too much flow going down the return. I would send an updated picture of my tank but currently I have been transferring it over to a IM 25 lagoon.

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wave maker I like a lot! I ended up placing that under the return nozzles though because even on the lowest setting when I had it on the opposite side of the glass I had problems with too much flow going down the return. I would send an updated picture of my tank but currently I have been transferring it over to a IM 25 lagoon.
Yeah. That thing surprised me too. I just got mine. I did the same exact thing. And it’s too much flow. I wouldn’t say it’s over powered but to hard to get a good pulse in a 13.5. My current battle is the Sand. It likes to clear out a corner but it takes a day. I’m thinking once the sand colonizes with bacteria that problem will go away.

I bought the Hygger heater with the controller as well. 200 Watt. Only 6.75 inches fits nicely and that thing holds temp perfectly. Very accurate so far.

Anyways I picked up two of those timers one for main light and one for the Fuge. I think my grow light will also fit it. This way I can run reverse cycle.

As I said before I’d upgrade the light lol. But now I’m thinking about cost. My biocube got crazy expensive. Could always get a bigger tank. Hahaha. So that’s why I wanted to keep the original light. This thing was meant for $100s of dollars in equipment upgrades. Some tweaks and additions that’s it.

Back