Fluval 13.5 Temperature too High

sidler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking for a forum like this because I am having the same exact issue. I will explain it all.

Recently bought the EVO about 2 weeks ago. When I first plugged everything is after one day I was getting temps of 84-86. I unplugged the skimmer, didn't change. Then I unplugged heater, didn't change. Then I unplugged the pump (last piece of equipment plugged in), Finally started to go down,

The room temp amount of the water when everything is unplugged is 84.4 (actual room temp is about 78). I know that this is a little high but a pump should not bring the temps that high. I replaced the pump with a new one (different company altogether).

The temps after 2 days are now sitting at 80.1 and seems to just keep going up. It is definitely increasing a whole lot slower then the other pump so the original one definitely had an issue.

Still nothing is plugged in except for the pump. No lights, no skimmer, no heater. I cannot see a pump increasing the heat of the water this much. You would figure maybe 1-2 degrees not 6 and still rising.

Anyone have suggestions? I was thinking about getting a fan or something. I would love to get a mesh top but then that means I need to also buy a different light and to be honest I am only doing fish (no corals) so having to buy all this new stuff seems counterproductive.

Also the lights are not on either so it will definitely go even higher at that point.
May I know what pump did you change to? I can feel the water in my Fluval is warmer than my other tanks even after overnight where the lights are turned off.

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May I know what pump did you change to? I can feel the water in my Fluval is warmer than my other tanks even after overnight where the lights are turned off.
I had the same issue - removing the lid and replacing with a mesh cover resolves the issue.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back