Fluval 13.5 Water Level

AyoItsRocco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am currently cycling my Fluval 13.5 and noticed that the display portion stays the same level but the sump chambers cant hold the same amount of water. My only concern with this is that I have a Eheim Jager 100w that isn't submerged under the minimum water line on the heater. Is there anyway to counter this? I have read that filling it up more will counter it but its already filled pretty much. Thanks in advanced!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is normal if you are describing the pump chamber water dropping frequently from evaporation. You don't want the heater in the pump chamber for this reason (or you have to have an auto top off / be on top of topping off).

OP
OP
AyoItsRocco

AyoItsRocco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is normal if you are describing the pump chamber water dropping frequently from evaporation. You don't want the heater in the pump chamber for this reason (or you have to have an auto top off / be on top of topping off).
I have my heater in chamber 2 and thats also dropping thats the thing. I am already planning on buying an ATO, just low on funds at the moment lol

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my heater in chamber 2 and thats also dropping thats the thing. I am already planning on buying an ATO, just low on funds at the moment lol

You may need a smaller heater. Eheim jagers are huge. Maybe try a more compact one so that the issue is less likely to be an issue in the first place. You can keep the jager as a backup.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back