Fluval 32.5

DeepSeaRob17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started a fluval 32.5. I absolutely love this AIO tank. I upgraded the pump to a innovative marine mighty jet mid. Upgraded one of the duckbill jets to a random flow generator. I have 1 power head but considering a second. Quick back story. I ordered the tank in April, when I put the order in I stated curing my live rock, it went well for 3 weeks, then I decided to add lights and a fish for maintaining the bacteria (since I added fritz 9) I added a chromis which did really well. I kept up with my rock bucket for almost 2 months before my tank came in. Once it came in and I got it going I took the damsel back to the LFS and added a chromis. Since it’s a small tank I didn’t want any aggression in it. I also added a small patch of Zoas and GSP. Since everything was going well and my water tests were spot on after 3 weeks of having the tank up I added a wall hammer coral and a ricordia last night. Along with a green clown goby and a kamohara blenny. I also upgraded the filtration to the inTank sump boxes on each side.

Nate Gootee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started a fluval 32.5. I absolutely love this AIO tank. I upgraded the pump to a innovative marine mighty jet mid. Upgraded one of the duckbill jets to a random flow generator. I have 1 power head but considering a second. Quick back story. I ordered the tank in April, when I put the order in I stated curing my live rock, it went well for 3 weeks, then I decided to add lights and a fish for maintaining the bacteria (since I added fritz 9) I added a chromis which did really well. I kept up with my rock bucket for almost 2 months before my tank came in. Once it came in and I got it going I took the damsel back to the LFS and added a chromis. Since it’s a small tank I didn’t want any aggression in it. I also added a small patch of Zoas and GSP. Since everything was going well and my water tests were spot on after 3 weeks of having the tank up I added a wall hammer coral and a ricordia last night. Along with a green clown goby and a kamohara blenny. I also upgraded the filtration to the inTank sump boxes on each side.

I recently started with this tank as well. I was wondering what light settings you are running. My zoa is acting like it wants more light. I have it halfway down in the tank.

OP
OP
DeepSeaRob17

DeepSeaRob17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently started with this tank as well. I was wondering what light settings you are running. My zoa is acting like it wants more light. I have it halfway down in the tank.
Here is my light set up and it’s been working so far, nothing is growing like crazy but it’s not dying either

OP
OP
DeepSeaRob17

DeepSeaRob17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my light set up and it’s been working so far, nothing is growing like crazy but it’s not dying either
723BCA5A-45C7-4A42-BA5A-ABBF882DC86A.png

631F636F-903F-47C6-B2E9-01B47F62BB9C.png

Nightrider76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering this tank as an upgrade from my Evo 13.5. What are you guys doing for protein skimmer, are you using the PS1 or going sans skimmer? I dont use a skimmer on the evo.

OP
OP
DeepSeaRob17

DeepSeaRob17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE! it has now been just shy of 90 days. Everything seems to be going very well, I’m stocking with plenty of lps ans softie corals, fish are back in the tank after. 6 week isolation due to the possibility of flukes. The system is coming along nicely. I put the “intank” media baskets in the back, pulled the middle shelf out and put chaeto in it. I then got a light that sits on the outside of the glass and feeds it. Other than filter floss that’s all I’m running for filtration, all my limits are good. The fish are happy, the corals are happy, well... not right now just did a water change. But otherwise, it’s going well. Looking at doing a light upgrade soon. Stocking list: 1 kamohara blenny
1 flame angle
2 clowns, I perc and one maroon
A green clown goby
Cleaner shrimp
Cuc few hermits and lots of snails

coral:
I have about 6 different types of zoas, a leather, a blasto, a couple different hammers, a frogspawn, some acans, and some candy cane. 4 rock flowers and I have some cyphastrea a s some Xenia coming soon. Oh and a little piece of gsp on the back wall.

Looking to add a couple fire fish and eventually, after it’s much more established a mandarin dragonet

OP
OP
DeepSeaRob17

DeepSeaRob17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering this tank as an upgrade from my Evo 13.5. What are you guys doing for protein skimmer, are you using the PS1 or going sans skimmer? I dont use a skimmer on the evo.
Not using one... I have one, tried it, didn’t like it... went with chaeto instead and good water changes.

SergeiCali

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size of the random flow generator did you buy?

Back