Fluval 406 how much water does it hold?

Jeremy Lain

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2018
Messages
385
Reaction score
96
What state or country do you live in
New Mexico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Does someone know how much water a fluval 406 canister filter holds?
 
I had one for a while I believe it's 2 gallon depends on media used and such. I currently have the fx4 and I believe it to be a far superior design and easier to clean and empty, if you're looking to buy one or upgrade.

You can find fx4 on sale for 200 and the fluval 406 for 150. Also I've got replacement gaskets if you need some for the 406 just pm and I'll ship them to you
 
8.5 liters is the “media” capacity
8.5l = 2.245 gallons
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new