Fluval aquasky Bluetooth

Larskeller93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone give me recommendations for proper light settings for the fluval aquasky Bluetooth?? I’m not doing corals, just clownfish

OP
OP
Larskeller93

Larskeller93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they have any default templates? If it's just for fish just find what's most pleasing to the eye.
Does the same rule come into play if I want to eventually do anemones? And can I use a blue light for night time? Or do they need complete darkness to sleep?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the same rule come into play if I want to eventually do anemones? And can I use a blue light for night time? Or do they need complete darkness to sleep?
No, anemones do need light levels similar to those for corals. I would probably turn your lights off for 8-12 hours (fish need their sleep and some inhabitants will only come out at night in the dark).

s1oliver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're going to need a different light for anything other than fish and +1 for leaving the lights off at night. If you want to put coral of any kind in the tank and not break the bank on lighting the Noopsyche lights are a great option.

OP
OP
Larskeller93

Larskeller93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, anemones do need light levels similar to those for corals. I would probably turn your lights off for 8-12 hours (fish need their sleep and some inhabitants will only come out at night in the dark).
So would you say high blue and whites for the anemones?

OP
OP
Larskeller93

Larskeller93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say high blues and adjust the whites until you get the desired aesthetic. You'll want to program a ramp up, plateau and ramp down schedule as well.
So maybe for the ramp up, have the white gradually get brighter and the ramp down get gradually dimmer?

OP
OP
Larskeller93

Larskeller93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're using live rock you should add that at the outset - and this will greatly decrease your cycling time or eliminate it altogether (not sure if you mean live rock or dry rock).
I do mean live rock! What is the outset?? Not familiar with the term

OP
OP
Larskeller93

Larskeller93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually you do need to add bacteria with live sand as there's not the same surface area as with live rock.
Awesome! Makes sense. I’ll have to get some live rock sooner than I thought!! Thank you so much

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 28.5%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 72 47.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back