OP
E

eleongsit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So its been a while since I last posted so I thought I would provide a quick update. I successfully moved my tank with no major issues thankfully :)

Everything seems to be doing much better now, I did end up losing a few zoas overall but everything else seems to be fully opening now. I've been laying low to allow things to settle in and that seems to be working for me, I think I'm about ready to add some new frags in the near future. I used the move as a chance to re-scape the rock. I'm open to suggestions :)

Attachments

• IMG_2563.jpg
    IMG_2563.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2566.jpg
    IMG_2566.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2565.jpg
    IMG_2565.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
E

eleongsit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to maintain some nitrate in my tank, initially I had let it bottom out that was at least a contributing factor to my dinoflagellate outbreak. I've since learned that having no nitrates is bad, but it is a challenge to know when its too high as well...

Bsnow0053

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to maintain some nitrate in my tank, initially I had let it bottom out that was at least a contributing factor to my dinoflagellate outbreak. I've since learned that having no nitrates is bad, but it is a challenge to know when its too high as well...
If it gets to 10ppm do a small water change to get it back down alittle

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm.... I'll have to look into a wave maker possibly in the future.

My chamber 2 is currently empty, I made a small basket for it using egg crate but it was too big cause I did not measure correctly, have to shrink it. Based on what your doing I think for me it would make the most sense to put my marine pure gems in that chamber and have chemipure and filter floss in chamber 1.

Things are still looking OK today :) Some zoas not fully open still but still more than before :)
I have the same tank and bought a really nice set of 3D printed hot shot fancy dancy chamber baskets, random flow pieces to put on the outflow and a little plug to put over the hole in the back wall for about 99 bucks on Etsy. SO many things 3D printed for this tank on Etsy. Also, I'm having issues with power head placement and flow. I can't figure out what is good. I've tried 3 different power-heads and they blow stuff all over the tank so I don't turn it on very often.

Last edited:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back