Fluval Evo 13.5 Coral suggestions

DKaiser1189

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2018
Messages
131
Reaction score
131
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m setting up an Evo reef. It’s my first reef. I’ll have a shallow sand bed with live sand likely the Caribbean aragalive in bimini pink and obviously live rock. I know I want zoas and GSP. Could I pull off Euphyllia species, Duncan’s, or other LPS in a tank like this? Suggestions please.
 
I would stay away from euphyllia's unless you want to section off half of the tank for a single coral, they have a nasty sting that can kill other corals.

With the stock lighting, GSP would probably be okay , you could also do other soft corals, mushrooms, and maybe some acans towards the top of the aquascape. Duncans may also do well towards the top closer to the light. Zoas would need to be towards the top as well.
 
I’m setting up an Evo reef. It’s my first reef. I’ll have a shallow sand bed with live sand likely the Caribbean aragalive in bimini pink and obviously live rock. I know I want zoas and GSP. Could I pull off Euphyllia species, Duncan’s, or other LPS in a tank like this? Suggestions please.

Hey, I've got a 14G nano currently with Euphillia, Acan, alveopora, clam, candy cane, fungia. No problems to report.

A.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new