Fluval Evo 13.5 flow options

Grandamber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been doing a lot of research on different flow options and can't decide which direction to go in.

Option 1: sicce synchra 1.0 return pump and single random flow generator ( my tank didn't come with the y split loc lines)

Option 2: sicce synchra 0.5 return pump and a small wavemaker of some kind.

I'm trying to do this tank on the budget friendly side while still taking my time and setting it up right the first time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 fluval evo 13.5 gallons.

The first runs with a Sicce syncra silent 0.5 with dual RFG nozzles and a nero 3. Awesome setup.

The second runs with a sicce syncra silent 1.0 and dual RFG on the return nozzle. Also an awesome setup.

Honestly you can't go wrong either way. If doing the single nozzle with RFG, I'd go with the 0.5 and a nero 3.

uhgster1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sicce 1.0. Take your time setting it up. Mine is absolutely silent and it fits perfectly in the 13.5. You can adjust the flow too (manually), but it’s better to have and not need fore flow than to have too little down the road.

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have option 2 set up in my system now and it works amazing. I’m using a Nero wavemaker pointed towards the first chamber sitting about 3 inches off the surface and a single return nozzle with the syncra 0.5

Reefing Reefer

If you build it, reefs will come
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do the syncra silent 0.5 and a wavemaker, reason being the return pumps are much louder than wave makers - also I prefer slower flow through the back chambers. The wavemaker can keep everything flowing and happy in the tank.

gibec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have 1.0 sicce with RFG and a extra wave maker. I wouldn't go any lower tbh... I actually want just a little more flow than what i can get out of these.

Tried moving around the wave maker and finally found the right spot to make all the corals happy.

I would shoot for overkill than "not enough flow". You can control the power of the wavemaker so you wouldnt have to worry about too much flow, but in the other hand if you have too little power your going to have to upgrade in the future.

the 1.0 sicce with RFG is not as power as i thought it would be on mine.. its strong enough with the wavemaker though.

Back