Fluval EVO 13.5

vcnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1705957817217.png
Is this a good product for dry rock? Can this skip cycling, or decrease time to cycle

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have heard mixed results regarding coralline algae seeding products. . . probably not going to hurt anything, but I would not count on it to produce coralline or decrease cycle time. . .

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't see anything on using it for cycling but it wouldn't hurt. You would just add some ammonia source at the same time to see.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i used 2 bottles of this (purple + pink) when i first started my 40B. i personally believe it is snake oil. i bought some CA scraps from TSA and within a month i had spores everywhere on my tank. coincidence/timing? maybe

OP
OP
vcnt

vcnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i used 2 bottles of this (purple + pink) when i first started my 40B. i personally believe it is snake oil. i bought some CA scraps from TSA and within a month i had spores everywhere on my tank. coincidence/timing? maybe
How do you make the purple only on the rocks, if it's possible?

dthom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not used it before, but I never will also. Waste of time in my opinion. If you really want to get coralline algae going in your tank, find someone (or your local store) that has good coralline growth. Ask them to save some the next time they scrap their glass off. Then take the scapings home and dump them in your tank.

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1705957817217.png
Is this a good product for dry rock? Can this skip cycling, or decrease time to cycle
All you need is live rocks, caribsea aragonite and a good salt mix...we use Reef Crystals. This stuff is snake oil.

When starting the tank, yes, use fritz Turbo start or Dr Tim's for good bacteria, let tank run for at least 1 month. Once ammonia is at 0 you can add fish. Keep monitoring your tank...once all other levels are good...you can gradually add coral.

See my build thread to see the upgrades we did to my Nephews 13.5 Evo.. I have a 40GB that's been running for 2 years...and a 13.5 Evo we started on Christmas Night...we are running, It's all covered in my build thread. Will update again soon ,as we added more corals to the 13.5.

Don't buy junk!

Nothing good happens fast in this hobby!!

OP
OP
vcnt

vcnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a fan of this stuff personally:

1705961122987.png
dry live rock, is it wet or not?
All you need is live rocks, caribsea aragonite and a good salt mix...we use Reef Crystals. This stuff is snake oil.

When starting the tank, yes, use fritz Turbo start or Dr Tim's for good bacteria, let tank run for at least 1 month. Once ammonia is at 0 you can add fish. Keep monitoring your tank...once all other levels are good...you can gradually add coral.

See my build thread to see the upgrades we did to my Nephews 13.5 Evo.. I have a 40GB that's been running for 2 years...and a 13.5 Evo we started on Christmas Night...we are running, It's all covered in my build thread. Will update again soon ,as we added more corals to the 13.5.

Don't buy junk!

Nothing good happens fast in this hobby!!
have you had good experience with the 13.5 stock light?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back