Fluval evo media basket filter upgrades advice needed

NikkiNoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been running my Fluval evo for a couple of months now, it’s going really well so far. I would like to upgrade to a media basket. Can anyone recommend one (UK link if possible).

What exactly do I need to buy? I’m not sure I fully understand it.

I’ve already upgraded my pump to a quieter one. Which is great.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Narideth

Fishaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a lot of people use the Intank media baskets. The goal there is to remove the sponge filter that it comes with and replace it with these baskets that direct the flow a bit better and allows for a greater variety of filtering media.

I personally have both but I only use the chamber one basket since I turned the second chamber into a semi-refugium. What kind of questions do you have about these?

There are other filter baskets that I've seen 3D printed on Etsy for example so this isn't the only option and I'm not sure about the UK part unfortunately.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure where to buy one, but as to what to put in it, all you really need is some mechanical filter and quality carbon. You can add a pinch of gfo into the carbon is phosphates are an issue.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I highly suggest a skimmer as well. I thought I would go against the grain and do a canister. These things are glorified reactors. Luckily I got 2 FX4s for $75. They do a good job of mechanical filtration but they need to be cleaned weekly to export the nutrients. I added on an aquamaxx bullet 3 for my 40g. It's amazing. Too amazing actually. I need to set it to 12 hours as it strips all the nutrients.

mazza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been running my Fluval evo for a couple of months now, it’s going really well so far. I would like to upgrade to a media basket. Can anyone recommend one (UK link if possible).

Hi mate I see you have upgraded your pump in the Fluval evo and I’m looking to do the same due to the noise of the stock pump just wondering which pump you have gone for cheers.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back