Fluval evo. Sicce 1.0 upgrade. Heating up ?

tdi64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys upgraded my fluval evo return pump to a sicce 1.0. Before upgrade tank ran between 77 and 78.8 max with lights on. Now after first day the tank is at 79.7 holding steady i think. Which i know its not to high but can that pump really cause that much heat ? Makes my thermo useless and the tank more difficult to keep cool when the summer months come. Also its louder than my stock pump. Could it be defective? Normal? Am i micro managing to much ? Also anyone with a detailed description or pic of there sicce 1.0 placement in there evo would help thank u

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also added the sicce syncra 1.0 to my fluval evo 13.5, it was quite a tight fit and rattled quite loudly so I switched out to an eheim compact 1000 which is much quieter.
Both pumps didnt need any extra stuff to fit to the fluval evo, everything that came with the stock pump fitted the new ones! from this thread

Nano925

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 0.5 sicce. I had the 1.0 and found it too much flow. I didn’t notice any temperature change but it was a little louder than the stock pump. I have it in my bedroom and don’t find the noise to be too bad. Where are you taking the temperature from in the tank?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back