Fluval pump help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tony3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tony3

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 27, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone pretty new here been searching a lot and watching videos all over. I recently got some vca 1/4inch rfg nozzles for my tank. Fluval evo 13.5. Looking to upgrade my stock pump. Any pump recommendations? I did try the sicce 1.0 but it was constantly vibrating in the chamber making it loud. So I swapped back to the stock pump. Would the stock pump be ok with the rfg? Not sure if I should just add a wave maker or upgrade the pump and avoid the wave maker if possible. I like the tank to look less crowded.
Current tank set up
3d printed media basket chamber 1
Heater in chamber 2
Stock pump and temp probe in chamber 3
Stock light
2 clowns
1 royal gramma
1 neon goby
Cuc
3 trocchus
2 nassarious
1 cleaner shrimp
 
Bump for the OP!

Anyone have this tank and know a good pump for it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new