Fluval evo v looking for some direction.

Ursuladives

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey yall, I'm hoping someone can help me with a WaveMaker for a tank as small as 5gal. I have a mini protein skimmer on the way. The isn't My first tank, nor my smallest. But I wouls like to know what everyone likes to run in their media basket. Did you purchase a new media basket ? If so from where? Please message me and let me know If you are looking for a friend to bounce ideas off of!

Aquariumaddictuk

Discus Sensei, Reefing Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sicce wavemaker nano 2000 may be enough if not one of the slightly larger xstream models are also good

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using the Hydor Koralia Wi-Fi Controllable Wavemaker 370 to 1050 GPH model on my EVO 13.5, on the LPS setting should work great for the EVO 5. This setting would give you a wide variety of flow during the day, very passive at night and 10 minute feeding time with the push of a button (You can also control it from your movil device)

They are readily available on Amazon

OP
OP
Ursuladives

Ursuladives

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using the Hydor Koralia Wi-Fi Controllable Wavemaker 370 to 1050 GPH model on my EVO 13.5, on the LPS setting should work great for the EVO 5. This setting would give you a wide variety of flow during the day, very passive at night and 10 minute feeding time with the push of a button (You can also control it from your movil device)

They are readily available on Amazon

I'm impartial to the koralia's I've always liked them. do you think the lps setting is low enough the 5gal? also how was programming, easy?

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm impartial to the koralia's I've always liked them. do you think the lps setting is low enough the 5gal? also how was programming, easy?

Just think about these two things: Size wise the 13.5 is 2” wider and 2” taller (The 13.5 is 10 gallons after sand and rock) so in reality is not a huge difference between them when it comes to flow; secondly, I successfully ran the Tunze Nano stream on the EVO 5 (That in the lowest setting is 3 times as strong as the Hydor), I truly believe is hands down the best option!

Best of luck!!! :)

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sicce wavemaker nano 2000 may be enough if not one of the slightly larger xstream models are also good
Agreed, Sicce Nano would be perfect, and is very affordable!

OP
OP
Ursuladives

Ursuladives

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back