Fluval Flex 32.5 CUC

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32.5 gallon reef tank and right now I have 2 mocha clowns and a green mandarin goby. I have about 8 hermit crabs in it and I'm about to get a cleaner shrimp. what else for a CUC would you recommend?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few astrea snails for the rocks, trochus snails for the glass and a fex Mecican turbos to take care of any algae. A couple of nassarius snails for the substrate and an orange-lipped conch or two would also be beneficial.

KonradTO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have loads of astarina and they are quite efficient cleaners, as soon as there is some leftover on the sand they "run" toward it and it disappears real quick. Plus you could probably get them for free. I heard that some species could be tricky with corals though..

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend a variety of 15-22 snails (astrea, cerith, turbo, nassarius, trochus). If you have sand I would also recommend a fighting conch (if you don’t have sand, skip the nassarius). Having a mandarin in a new 32g tank probably won’t end well, make sure you’re supplementing pods every week or two.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how about a serpent or brittle star? I personally dont like brittles, but serpents come in some some beautiful colors, they are pretty easy to care for, they are harmless, and they will run out at feeding time to look for leftovers. I dont recommend other types of stars though, only brittles & serpents belong in a small tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back