Fluval Flex 32.5 Overflow/surface skimming issue/questions

Cantusaurus

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2020
Messages
548
Reaction score
375
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a Fluval 32.5, and the surface sludge is really annoying me, lol. Is there a way to fix it on this tank? I have the Intank media baskets, and it’s annoying I have to have the water level high, and there’s sludge/particulates always at the top (also I wanna improve the filtration in general) I hate the filtration on this tank. On paper or at first glance it looks like it’ll be Really good, and I like that the intakes are at angles, and the curved glass gives more flow circulation, but this dang tank allows so much stuff to get trapped back in the back chambers in hard to reach spots, and the water path kinda sucks.

Anyways is there a way to fix this?
I’ve heard I need to cut one of these pieces off??
5BC2FC2B-9AD4-4FF0-A05E-51E11CE260ED.jpeg
Any other tips are greatly appreciated :)
 
Where is this "sludge" you speak of?
Like at the top of the tank at the water surface. I'm not sure what the correct term is, but just surface slime/debris or whatever.
Not in the rear chambers, but I have just heard removing the little flat edge pieces in the picture may help with the problem.
 
That's inside my tank in the filtration area. It's the Intank media basket with some new filter pads. The bottom is where the intake area is. The 2 little flat things sticking out near the bottom I think are directing flow differently and not allowing better surface skimming. I think at least
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new