Fluval Flex 32.5 Overflow/surface skimming issue/questions

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a Fluval 32.5, and the surface sludge is really annoying me, lol. Is there a way to fix it on this tank? I have the Intank media baskets, and it’s annoying I have to have the water level high, and there’s sludge/particulates always at the top (also I wanna improve the filtration in general) I hate the filtration on this tank. On paper or at first glance it looks like it’ll be Really good, and I like that the intakes are at angles, and the curved glass gives more flow circulation, but this dang tank allows so much stuff to get trapped back in the back chambers in hard to reach spots, and the water path kinda sucks.

Anyways is there a way to fix this?
I’ve heard I need to cut one of these pieces off??
5BC2FC2B-9AD4-4FF0-A05E-51E11CE260ED.jpeg
Any other tips are greatly appreciated :)

OP
OP
Cantusaurus

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is this "sludge" you speak of?
Like at the top of the tank at the water surface. I'm not sure what the correct term is, but just surface slime/debris or whatever.
Not in the rear chambers, but I have just heard removing the little flat edge pieces in the picture may help with the problem.

OP
OP
Cantusaurus

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's inside my tank in the filtration area. It's the Intank media basket with some new filter pads. The bottom is where the intake area is. The 2 little flat things sticking out near the bottom I think are directing flow differently and not allowing better surface skimming. I think at least

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back