Fluval Flex 32.5 : tips for a setup?

new-to-salt

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!
I recently impulsively bought 2 fluval flex's (9 gallon) and just found out they would be too small for the fish I wanted to have (Ocellaris).
So, I finally settled on the tank I'm going to get (flex 32.5 gal)- but do not know what equipment I should use.
Can anyone experienced with this tank or saltwater aquariums in general help me make a list of the products I will need?
For context:
-I have no experience
-I don't really have a budget
 
I have this tank. Its capable out of the box but the upgrades make it way better

I upgraded the skimmer to an Ice Kap Nano
I upgraded the return pump to syncra SDC
My Light is a radion xr-15 G6
I have intank media baskets
I use a random flow generator nozzle
I have 2 wave makers on either side.

I will say it took about a year and a half for everything to become stable, but now my tank is doing great.

Good luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new