Fluval Flex 32.5

Nalgene00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been eyeing the flex for a few months now, planning it out for the past month, and this weekend will be setting it all up. No photos yet, but the plan is to document it as I go this weekend.
For lighting, I have picked up a second marine 3.0 from J&L Aquatics up here in Canada. This will be delivered next week some time, hopefully. The tank itself is expected tomorrow, and I went with the matching stand from Fluval, which I picked up yesterday evening from a local Big Al's.

Current Equipment:
inTank Media Baskets x2
Hygger Mini (530GPH) x2
Inkbird ITC-308
Fluval T150 Heater

I am looking into blowers, which I plan to mount on the lid when the time comes. I have used Hygger powerheads in the past, and I hope to have similar results in this setup. I am also planning to swap out the return pump in the future, depending on how I like the stock pump.

I've got 20lbs of fresh live sand, and around 10lbs of donor sand from an established tank. Also have about 20lbs of live rock, and 7lbs of dry rubble. The scape will be whatever I come up with as I go, not too picky when it comes to that.

In the base of the stand, I plan to set up a 10 gallon and use it as a grow out for some discosoma and toadstools, and for observation of frags that I may pick up when stumbling into any LFS. This will have a 50watt chinese light on it.

OP
OP
Nalgene00

Nalgene00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

So the plan to get it all set up this past weekend fell through. I'm still waiting on the tank which has been in shipping limbo since Friday. I'll be picking up the additional Marine 3.0 light today. Power supply for the additional light is expected tomorrow. Stand is built, inkbird and power bar have been mounted. On-Hand equipment has all been labelled at the plug side.

For the power bar, I will be using a 6 outlet with surge protection that I have on hand. It also has 3 USB 2.0 ports, which I use for small USB air pumps when needed.

I am looking into running a single 24v 5A power supply with a splitter, to run the two lights. This is with the intention of saving a bit of space in the stand. Has anyone run two of these lights on a splitter?

My plan to run a 10 gallon grow out in the stand also hit a standstill as my tank is about 2 inches too tall. I thought about removing the bottom rim, but I think I'll look for a shorter tank. I'm looking for something around 20" long, 10" wide, and 6-8" high. If I can't seem to find anything within the next month, my plan is to remove the upper rim on the 10g I do have, cut about 5in off the top, and replace the rim.

Any suggestions when it comes to filtration for the grow out would be appreciated. I have a AC50 on hand to drop on the back, however I was thinking about picking up a small sun sun canister and see how that goes.

I currently have a 24 gallon tub with live rock, the rubble, and a powerhead just to give the dry rubble a head start. This has been going since Friday.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back