Fluval Flex 32. Just looking for some information on the tank

ASIN28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
Gonna soon be moving into an apartment and looking to set up an AIO. I already have set up a fluval EVO 13.5 but want something a little bigger. Not going to be there long so I’d rather not set up a tank with a sump and not too big due to room. I think the Flex will be a good option.
What are some of your rexommmedations on upgrades to the flex?
What powerheads you running in there?
Also any other comments concerns on the tank would also be greatly appreciated. I’m not sure how I feel about the bowed glass so any info on how that looks would be good.
Thanks!

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey all,
Gonna soon be moving into an apartment and looking to set up an AIO. I already have set up a fluval EVO 13.5 but want something a little bigger. Not going to be there long so I’d rather not set up a tank with a sump and not too big due to room. I think the Flex will be a good option.
Also any other comments concerns on the tank would also be greatly appreciated. I’m not sure how I feel about the bowed glass so any info on how that looks would be good.
Thanks!
I have one and would go another route if I had the choice. The bowed glass is a pain to clean and makes viewing angles difficult. Also, it requires a few mods to make it work well. Overall, my tank is doing great, just went through a ton of evolutions with mods and I would get something with a similar size if I had the chance to start over. Probably something like this as the price isn't that different https://www.fijicube.com/collection...insula-rimless-aio-glass-nano-tank-pro-series

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a flex 32 for multiple years as a freshwater tank. While it can be converted to salt, I would consider IM AIO tanks first.

JCATL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
Thanks!
It's a decent enough tank for the money and has everything you need out of the box short of a wave maker, but you can get by without one early on. The light will grow coral. IMO it doesn't NEED any upgrades to be a perfectly functional and healthy reef tank. Many will tell you the Intank media baskets are must haves. I purchased them and while they are nice, they're definitely not must haves. To get them to work optimally you have to run the water level uncomfortably high (for me). I ended up turning them backwards so I didn't have to run the water level so high and doing that really only makes them slightly better than the native foam chamber filter.

You could just as easily roll your own though, for the same or less money.

Better yet, look used for a tank and save a lot, then buy the parts you want.

Royal_pudding

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one and would go another route if I had the choice. The bowed glass is a pain to clean and makes viewing angles difficult. Also, it requires a few mods to make it work well. Overall, my tank is doing great, just went through a ton of evolutions with mods and I would get something with a similar size if I had the chance to start over. Probably something like this as the price isn't that different https://www.fijicube.com/collection...insula-rimless-aio-glass-nano-tank-pro-series
My thoughts exactly.
Had one for a year until i upgraded to a bigger tank.
It needs quirte a bit of modding.

SparSandbar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started with mine. I like it, I personally like the curved glass, I have no issue cleaning it with a magnetic cleaner. But for me the lid was important, I like that there is no evaporation and it looks neat.

I did add the Intank media baskets and a couple Nero 5.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just started with mine. I like it, I personally like the curved glass, I have no issue cleaning it with a magnetic cleaner. But for me the lid was important, I like that there is no evaporation and it looks neat.

I did add the Intank media baskets and a couple Nero 5.
Here is where I think the stocking matters. If you have a ton of coral and want to view them and take pictures, it is a pain to get things on the sandbed due to the curvature. As a freshwater tank, these tanks would be well suited since people aren't trying to get that perfect shot of a Ultron favia on the sandbed and just plants would be ok in the background.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back