Fluval Marine 3.0 (14513) : Does this light even exist?

AndyinAtlanta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have the Fluval Flex 32.5 saltwater aquarium. By in large the aquarium has been good (albeit far from perfect), and things are going well over the past few months. I've added the protein skimmer (which is doing a solid job), and now I'd like to add a second light. Since its a "hooded" system I'm pretty much stuck to what kind of light I can add.

The main reason I want to get a second light is it should reduce/eliminate some of the dark spots in the tank due to only having one light right now.

Fluval recommends the Marine 3.0 LED (Item# 14513), but I've endlessly searched the internet and this product (#14513) does not exist. No website, not even amazon/ebay have this exact product number. Fluval's website is hot garbage when it comes to their product pages and I can't find it there. I see plenty of listings for the Marine 3.0 #14515 but I don't know why Fluval would call out a product number that is nowhere to be found.

Is this some custom part or is this a mistake on Fluval's end that they just haven't corrected?

Rizendell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get them from petco website. They are listed as the 2.0, but you can see the bluetooth in the picture, so they are they new model just not listed correctly. I just got 2 and my coral and anemone responded instantly to the improvement over the default lighting that came with my tank.

Fluvalflex32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have the Fluval Flex 32.5 saltwater aquarium. By in large the aquarium has been good (albeit far from perfect), and things are going well over the past few months. I've added the protein skimmer (which is doing a solid job), and now I'd like to add a second light. Since its a "hooded" system I'm pretty much stuck to what kind of light I can add.

The main reason I want to get a second light is it should reduce/eliminate some of the dark spots in the tank due to only having one light right now.

Fluval recommends the Marine 3.0 LED (Item# 14513), but I've endlessly searched the internet and this product (#14513) does not exist. No website, not even amazon/ebay have this exact product number. Fluval's website is hot garbage when it comes to their product pages and I can't find it there. I see plenty of listings for the Marine 3.0 #14515 but I don't know why Fluval would call out a product number that is nowhere to be found.

Is this some custom part or is this a mistake on Fluval's end that they just haven't corrected?
I am having the same issue. The light is on back-order until the end of June supposedly. Do you think running 2 of these will make a difference? Or should I switch to two Kessil A160's? I am doing mostly fish and very minimal coral (polyps, mushrooms, torch, etc.) Thanks!

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at this on eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223684759106

Screenshot_20200524_011859_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Purkey Pets

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I can't find the exact part number 14513 either. I asked Fluval / Hagen customer service about the light and this was their response:

Screenshot_20200524-110646_Gmail.jpg

I'm going to ask again about this because 14513 is only listed on the box of the aquarium, literally nowhere else. #14516 matches the specs with 46W and 252 LED's, going to ask if this is the actual one to use and what the difference is with 14513.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't find the exact part number 14513 either.

I'm going to ask again about this because 14513 is only listed on the box of the aquarium, literally nowhere else. #14516
Size...

Optional space to add a second Marine 3.0 LED (Item# 14513 - sold separately)

Fluval Flex 123 l Aquaky Bluetooth lighting

Last edited:

01xp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got a set of current lights on eBay now that'll work perfect for you. Plus some of the proceeds help wounded warriors

Johmbugman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I emailed fluval a few weeks ago they said it won’t be available till November 2020 for purchase it doesn’t and has never existed yet. Pretty disappointed .

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fluval flex for my axolotls. I ended up cutting out the filter and using a Seachem Tidal. I just removed those snap off sections on the back Center.

there are numerous ways to add whatever lighting you want, for one thing just ditch the hood. Then you can add whatever you like.

I highly highly highly recommend AI prime, esp after the BRS video. I have 3 myself but all on freshwater tanks.

Hectorg214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fluval flex for my axolotls. I ended up cutting out the filter and using a Seachem Tidal. I just removed those snap off sections on the back Center.

there are numerous ways to add whatever lighting you want, for one thing just ditch the hood. Then you can add whatever you like.

I highly highly highly recommend AI prime, esp after the BRS video. I have 3 myself but all on freshwater tanks.
I am thinking about getting the fluval Marine light as well but there are so many mixed reviews. Some say they are good and some say they are bad and upgrade. I have a 72 gallon bowfront with lids and canopy so don't know what light would work best.

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about getting the fluval Marine light as well but there are so many mixed reviews. Some say they are good and some say they are bad and upgrade. I have a 72 gallon bowfront with lids and canopy so don't know what light would work best.

that’s gonna depend on your canopy. Also how the light vents out heat is important. You don’t wanna mount a light in a canopy in such a way that will impede its ability to dissipate heat.

a pic would help. A guy I spoke to at a LFS has a Maxspect in a canopy and said it works great. Again it’s all dependent on your canopy

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how my Fluval 3.0 marine light with an original Fluval marine light that I keep on blue all the time, and set up my 3.0 to mimic sunrise and sunset as best I can. My anemone, zoas, and 12" leather Coral are doing great under these lights.
I know they probably don't have the par value that $400 light would, but I also don't like the spot light look or how high they sit above the aquarium. Too much light bleed for my liking.
The variation of lights is great and it's Bluetooth within vacinity of the tank...not sure why anyone would want to make changes to their light if they're not by the aquarium to see what it looks like.

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how my Fluval 3.0 marine light with an original Fluval marine light that I keep on blue all the time, and set up my 3.0 to mimic sunrise and sunset as best I can. My anemone, zoas, and 12" leather Coral are doing great under these lights.
I know they probably don't have the par value that $400 light would, but I also don't like the spot light look or how high they sit above the aquarium. Too much light bleed for my liking.
The variation of lights is great and it's Bluetooth within vacinity of the tank...not sure why anyone would want to make changes to their light if they're not by the aquarium to see what it looks like.

thst is a good point. The Fluval lights are kind of sleepers in the light world imo. They aren’t amazing or great but they are good for what you get and the Bluetooth built in

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thst is a good point. The Fluval lights are kind of sleepers in the light world imo. They aren’t amazing or great but they are good for what you get and the Bluetooth built in
I think they are great lights, but I also noticed that Fluval is not too respected in the reefing world.
I use lots of Fluval products on my setup, 2 marine lights, CP1, CP2, cp4 powerheads and they work great. I also use an fx4 canister because I have no sump. I find Fluval products to be really good and the price points are exceptional. The flow in my tank is absolutely comparable to flows I've seen with expensive ones, plus the heads are adjustable to play with the direction of flow.
I have had no issues with my setup, I have copepods living and thriving, Coraline algae growth, my anemone doubled in size in 2 months....so my opinion of Fluval products in reefing is that they do a great job

Hectorg214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that’s gonna depend on your canopy. Also how the light vents out heat is important. You don’t wanna mount a light in a canopy in such a way that will impede its ability to dissipate heat.

a pic would help. A guy I spoke to at a LFS has a Maxspect in a canopy and said it works great. Again it’s all dependent on your canopy
That's what my canopy looks like from the outside. Inside, I have the aquasky LED light on top of glass lids.

IMG_20200606_223924.jpg IMG_20200606_224246.jpg

Purkey Pets

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I emailed fluval a few weeks ago they said it won’t be available till November 2020 for purchase it doesn’t and has never existed yet. Pretty disappointed .

Thanks for the update, and not derailing the thread!

When I asked about 14513 vs 14516, Fluval said 14513 is a real part number but hasn't been released. They added 14516 will not fit in the hood.

I'm still curious to open a 14516 box at a local store to see if they're right. I can't imagine they would change the 46W 252LED housing that much, I'm assuming just the extendable legs need to come off based on pictures.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The main reason I want to get a second light is it should reduce/eliminate some of the dark spots in the tanwk due to only having one light right now.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.5%
Back