Fluval marine 3 on a 600litre?

MarineBach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
Apologies if this has been covered already, but i currently am running a 5ftx2ftx2ft (approx 600litre) marine, and have one of the original Fluval marine lights on it (about 7 years old). Would the new series Fluval 3.0 be sufficient if i am wanting to have softies like duncans/morphs etc ?
And should i run both lights together (my old one and new Fluval - if i get it??)
I am a bit of a novice when it comes to the softcorals etc ?
Thanks for your advice

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
Apologies if this has been covered already, but i currently am running a 5ftx2ftx2ft (approx 600litre) marine, and have one of the original Fluval marine lights on it (about 7 years old). Would the new series Fluval 3.0 be sufficient if i am wanting to have softies like duncans/morphs etc ?
And should i run both lights together (my old one and new Fluval - if i get it??)
Thanks for your advice
Welcome!

I will defer to others on lighting, as I'm only familiar with my own. Glad you joined

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
Thanks for your advice
I run the same light set up your talking about. I'm going to be upgrading to 2 Fluval Marine 3.0 very soon, as some of the LEDs in the older model are dead.
Check out my build thread.
Welcome to R2R

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Good luck with the lighting.

4031336A-10A0-4447-A19D-EF9FD76D1498.gif

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
Thanks for your advice
Welcome!!!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome38.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back