Fluval SK400 surface skimmer get or pass

  • Thread starter Thread starter amigo003
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

amigo003

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
28
Reaction score
4
Location
Bozeman
What state or country do you live in
Montana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I had a question about surface skimmers. Fluval released a surface skimmer called SK400 surface skimmer, below is the YouTube video:



I use a canister filter and have for 1.5 years on my salt water tank. It has a layer of biofilm on the water surface. Do you think this product is worth getting to combat the grime? Or is there any other options. Unfortunately my tank stand has small cabinets (not big enough for the FX6 I use) so I can not put a sump unless I tear down the tank and replace the stand.

Thanks!
 
1708537678954.png
 
Just seen this skimmer now. Did you get any joy?
I have the tunze 9004 but it’s a big ugly thing and was thinking this or this https://amzn.eu/d/gZWnl84

Anyone has success with either?
 
Just seen this skimmer now. Did you get any joy?
I have the tunze 9004 but it’s a big ugly thing and was thinking this or this https://amzn.eu/d/gZWnl84

Anyone has success with either?
I haven't used the one posted in this thread, but I was using EHEIM skim350 on my 60 gallon cube that didn't have a sump. It was small and worked quite well, but the small filter inside had to be replaced pretty often - every 3/4 days I'd put a new piece of filter floss inside.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new