Fluval spec III suitable for dwarf seahorses??

  • Thread starter Thread starter BobbyBPG
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BobbyBPG

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
88
Reaction score
75
Location
RI
What state or country do you live in
Rhode Island
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi recently got a fluval spec III and was wondering if I use the pump that comes with it on the lowest setting if it will be ok for dwarf seahorse setup. If the answer is no my follow up question is if i place a sponge filter where the pump is will it pull enough water to filter more than just the back chamber.
 
Yes,

That tank will be fine for dwarf seahorses =) Enjoy, they are FUN!
 
Yes,

That tank will be fine for dwarf seahorses =) Enjoy, they are FUN!

Thanks, I know they can be difficult but I am looking forward to trying it out.
 
Thanks, I know they can be difficult but I am looking forward to trying it out.
Don't let keeping ponies stress you out. If you have kept saltwater fish, you can keep seahorses just as easily. The only difference is the tank set up, which you seem to have under control! I have kept all kinds of seahorses for years and I just kept my temp and water params good. You don't have to worry about all the extra trace elements and Ca like with corals.... Enjoy Enjoy! Kim
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new