Fluval Spec V or Fluval Evo 5g Saltwater

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure about the Evo 5 if you do go that route but the 13.5 in the middle back there is a hole in the divider make somthing or by a plug for that hole as it allows water to bypass the filter entirely only other mod I did to it which may be able to be done on the Evo 5 was where the overflow is get an extender so it creates a waterfall (I 3d printed it) other then that the tank itself was stock lighting and the lighting did do very well for growing out a photosynthetic gorgonian frag a leather frag a flordia ricordia and some zoas and palys over 3 months (I divided what I got when setting up my new tank and in return got some of what he just got last week)before I sent them to a friend along with some jump started 15 lbs live rock and 10 lbs sand to get a new nano tank going(he bought the rock and sand I just cycled it for him) when the tank went down I gave him the rest of what I had in there

OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I has not read any either which is why I got it fit nicely under the 32 on the custum stand but then that happened here is pic of leak

20200829_144901.jpg
Geez. That is nuts! Thanks for posting this. I'm doing some searches on this.

OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever route you go good luck and best wishes I hope it does well for you and lasts a long time without fail
Fingers crossed there are no failures. Haha. I've had freshwater tanks for a long time and never had a failure (hope I didn't jinx myself). I still have three going. This will be my first sw tank.

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I can honestly say I've had tanks starting with freshwater almost my while life and this is the first time this has ever happened so may of just been that 1 in 10000 and I got unlucky but one thing I did notice is they skimp on the silicon on these tanks vs others to try and make then look cleaner aka every tank iv owned the corners have silicone not only where the glass meets but there is extra on the inside of the corner with what I would describe as someone running their finger down it so there some on the glass both left and right of the joint this tank however the silicon was only where the glass meets and not extra I expect that the bottom stand they place it on which is the middle of the tank rather then the rim allowed the glass to bow and shift enoff that the bare minimum silicon they use was not enoff to hold it in place granted I only have experience with the 13.5 evo

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back