Fluval Spec V with DIY RapidLeds and a stubby clown.

Salty_Box_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up the fluval on a extreme discount, and plan to add a few corals, and a little nem for my three sexy shrimp that are hiding in my other tank due to the flow. Currently the stubby is in hyposalinity cause he was exposed to ich, so when that's done I'll transfer over some stuff from my other tank. Went with the dimable driver and indavidual heatsinks. Mounted them up to the factory arm so I could use the stock moonlight. It's a bit too close to the water so I'll be raising it up a inch or two. Also ran out of wire so it's not finished yet. Went with three royal blue, one regular blue, one uv, two cool white and one warm white. IMO the way it looks exceeded my expectations by a long shot. Very happy.. And **** are they bright. I've only had experience with bridgelux LEDs before and these Crees are on a whole different level. Here's a couple pics of Stubblefield in hypo. Not a good representation of color at all but it gives you an idea.

Stubby clown in tq with rapid LEDs. on Vimeo

OP
OP
Salty_Box_Reef

Salty_Box_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well with the amount of space it's basically done lol. I'll add a few frags of things as I come across stuff but I think there's only space for a half dozen more frags.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back