FMM changes own settings

jspuck25

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping someone else has experienced this. Sometimes with no explanation I will get a water on floor alarm. Which usually sends me into panic mode. Looks like the settings are being changed without me doing it.

water switch changed to optical sensor
1/2 flow changes to 1”

Change configuration in fusion and all good.

Running all latest software
Any help would be really appreciated.

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t had this specific issue as I don’t use flow sensors but the new FMM I installed in my RODI station played up a little initially - first one of the optical sensors connected to it showed open when it was closed and then it showed up as a different module in Fusion. Removing and reseating the various plugs and restarting Fusion cleared that all up and it’s been fine ever since. It looks like dodgy connections, or simply the initial installation of the module and various probes/outlets/switches and associated setup can fool the Apex sometimes.

OP
OP
jspuck25

jspuck25

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t had this specific issue as I don’t use flow sensors but the new FMM I installed in my RODI station played up a little initially - first one of the optical sensors connected to it showed open when it was closed and then it showed up as a different module in Fusion. Removing and reseating the various plugs and restarting Fusion cleared that all up and it’s been fine ever since. It looks like dodgy connections, or simply the initial installation of the module and various probes/outlets/switches and associated setup can fool the Apex sometimes.

Thank you for the response. I will give it a whirl.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 56 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 59 26.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 53 23.7%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 52 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back