FO Tank lighting

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lighting do you recommend for FO tank w Caribsea rock and Macro rock ? Thanks

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really any lighting will do. I would tend to steer a little more towards the bluer spectrum just for aesthetics. But the world's your oyster. Now, all that goes out the door if you ever plan on adding corals. That's a whole nuther topic, well covered here in the lighting sub-forum.

OP
OP
J

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THanks Kept corals for 25 years Got bored w them I really prefer FIsh. Any suggestions that u have on nice tried and true Names would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to beat the bargain that the AI Primes represent, given they have the controller built into them. With a FO tank you probably want to keep the intensity down except for your own personal prime viewing hours, just to keep algae at bay. The controller on the primes will allow you to do just that while giving you the flexibility to adjust the spectrum to your own personal favorite (since the fish really don't care what color light they are under). And depending on the size of tank and desired species, if the coral bug ever bites again you might be able to use them for that.

If affordability is more of a concern (more so than the Primes) then maybe these? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Newest-Noo...-Reef-Aquarium-SPS-LPS-FOT-Lamp-/263962502044

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.3%
Back