Food in fridge each week

Royalreef22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I put a couple cubes in 7 cups (one for each day) and water for my fish at the beginning of the week and put them in the fridge would they last the entire week? Don't like waiting for food to defrost n stuff. Ik it sounds lazy but idc

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I put a couple cubes in 7 cups (one for each day) and water for my fish at the beginning of the week and put them in the fridge would they last the entire week? Don't like waiting for food to defrost n stuff. Ik it sounds lazy but idc
It takes maybe 30 seconds to defrost one cube of frozen

I use a steel ball for tea .
And when it’s thawed I lift it out of the container of tank water and feed the fish .

soreefed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been wondering the same. I’ve been making a slurry of various foods and keeping it in the fridge for about a week at a time.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got to agree. I use a smallish cup. Put the cubes in, fill it with tank water, and let it thaw. Takes about a minute. One quick stir and l'm ready to feed. Seems to work pretty well.

ks2509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been making my own frozen food for over a year now and freezing them in muffin trays. Once frozen I take one out and put it in a short wide mouth mason jar in the fridge and feed out of it till its gone. Each puck last about a week to 10 days. Never had any problems. I have found much past 10 days it starts to go bad and smell. So I try to keep it down to a week.

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I make a small cup of Rods food, or LRS Reef Frenzy chunks (can't get LRS anymore because distributor quit carrying to both my LFS saltwater stores) a cube of Saltwater Multi Pack and a cube of Prime Reef...lasts about 4 days for 2 feedings a day...then also do marine Pellets after the frozen/refrigerator stuff is consumed.

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though the Prime Reef cubes say not to dissolve, they do just fine in said above mixture.

I've tried just dropping them in frozen, and they make a mess and float to the powerheads...lol...and the fish don't understand what's happening.

Boreas_SA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me the easiest with bigger amounts of DIY frozen mix is when I feed the fish to swap the one I'm going to feed out of the fridge with a new one from the freezer, so the new one defrosts overnight in the fridge, and repeat again the next day.

PapaFishRocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long ago, I stupidly tried to speed up the process by microwaving the cube. BAD IDEA!!! LOL

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put enough food in my cups for the day and then put them in the fridge, I only defrost them once a day. Not sure about the whole week though

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 89 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back