Food schedule and amount

Becca Lane

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
24
Reaction score
8
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I am wondering if I am feeding correctly. I recently acquired some lps that need to be fed and a 6-line wrasse that seems to nip at my blue sympodiums if he is hungry. I have softies and lps and a 12g tank with a 10g sump. I spot feed 3x a week with a little frozen krill, a little mysis and fish eggs, half a cap of marine snow, and a pinch of coral frenzy. Is this too much? Should I alternate between using some of this food?
Also in my sump I have some emerald crabs and turbo snails, is feeding them some seaweed and a few pieces of krill each once a week enough?

Thank you!
 
That sounds like a lot of food for a small tank. If your No3’s are running high, then cut back to 2X. If not, that’s fine
 
That sounds like a lot of food for a small tank. If your No3’s are running high, then cut back to 2X. If not, that’s fine
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new