Food....

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright-
So bottom line-I hate the average quick meals.The "Put it in the microwave and be done" type foods.

Honestly,I dont have time to sit and make a 5 cource meal.Im assuming there are a bunch of us like that,so what do us to busy to make a 5 cource meal people make that is quick,but isnt Pizza,Sloppy Joes,Pizza bites,PB&J(I hate these),etc.Somthing that is actully good?

Basiclly,what do you like to eat thats fast,healthy,good,and not any of the foods above,and NOT McCDonalds either...

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MoneyPit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I eat canned tuna and club crackers, spaghetti o's, mac n cheese, deep fried burritos, deep fried cheese sticks, cereal, rice pilaf and imitation crab meat (that one is great). That's all I have for now.

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a grill? It takes about 5-7 minutes to grill a steak. You could also throw a potato in the microwave for 5 minutes while the steak is cooking and bam...Steak and baked potato. There's plenty of quick meals you could make if you have the right food at your house. Soup is good if your in a hurry. Salads are another good option. When you go food shopping buy lots of greens and vegetables so you'll have everything you will need to make a fast salad. Another option is to cook a bunch of meat all at once and then eat it through out the week. You could make 10 chicken breasts on Sunday and then have meals ready to go in your fridge for the rest of the week.

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you like sushi it only takes about 20 minutes. My rice takes 10 minutes to cook, a few to cool, and then roll. I tend to make mine whenever I have some extra time and put it in the fridge. I prefer it really cold.

Spaghetti only takes about 10 minutes to cook.

Shepherd's pie/mince takes about 20 minutes. Make some mashed potatoes. While the potatoes are boiling fry some hamburger. Once the burger is done add some gravy from a jar, mash the taters, put some corn/green beans on top of the burger, and top with the potatoes.

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy your favorite seasoning/sauce...

butterfly some chicken breasts and soak in sauce/seasoning...

buy a George Forman Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine...

Combine chicken and grilling machine...

Add your favorite side meal (brown rice, whole wheat spaghetti, salad, etc)...

There ya go...

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!Nice combos!

Russell-What do you put in your Shushi?I love shushi!

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!Nice combos!

Russell-What do you put in your Shushi?I love shushi!

I tend to do vegetarian sushi with carrots or cucumber, but I've also done sashimi with tuna. Nothing very complicated. I probably make it every couple weeks or so.

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill look that up!I often pick up sushi rolls,with alaskan crab meat,and one that I forgot whats in it,but its a sweet sushi called a Hope Roll,and I get it at the local Nakatos.

jabberkaycee

Aquatic Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ditto on the crockpot. It's super easy and is much better than nuked food. Made a beef stew yesterday - threw in some beef cubes, carrots, potatoes, celery and a can of beef broth. I hate to cook and don't have time. My husband even liked the beef stew and that's saying a lot!

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a crockpot!We use it alot to!One thing I found that I am liking alot is pulled pork tenderloin!

I have been buying pork tenderloin and boiling it while Im at work,and when I come home,all I have to do is drain the water,pull the pork,and add BBQ sause!Its really good!

And as much as I love Chinese food,the locals chinese food is awful!Im a big fan of Kung Pow Chicken,Egg Rolls,Coke-a-Cola Chicken(and yes,its a chinese dish),and just plane rice,haha,and the locals food that I listed above,is AWFUL!They even make Lemon Chicken,and its not bad,but I have had better,haha

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My folks have done some research on food that is microwaved and it has convinced them to go with a toaster oven instead. One of the things they mentioned was if you micro water, let it cool and then water a houseplant the plant will die or suffer. I hope I'm not spreading false info... never know since it came from my folks;)

steamer51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more crockpot comment. A lady at work said that was a lot of preparation before work in the morning. I told her I prepare in the evening, put the crockpot in the refrigerator, take it out and plug in before leaving for work.

RogerWilco357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well number one is Steak with mushrooms with a little red wine and A potatoe with chives and sour cream yumm, or shrimp olive oil and butter with garlic and white wine cook add Parmesan cheese toss over angel hair pasta . I'm hungry now see ya

Back