OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Night crawlers. dirty full sand and gravel ect , kinda moldy smell , decent food , taKe the time to clean , a good scissors small and container for rinse , fish will get sick of them lol
I feed them because of the sand, gravel, moldy, stuff inside them. I don't clean them at all.

1112-425XL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know my Bluethroat Trigger would love those! Unfortunately my community is overrun with lawncare services and golf courses. Can't take that chance.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul got me using them for my anemones and the fish eat them. I made a worm tub
IMG_0267.jpeg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks delicious. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one worm left so I hope it rains tomorrow morning. I never thought I would hear me saying that! :anguished-face:

LgTas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a worm farm for composting so I might try this and see who's interested. Most of my fish are on the smaller side but I reckon my flame hawk would have a go.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coffee grounds on a paper plate in yard = nightcrawler bonanza. Grandma's fishing worm collection method. Also had two metal rods with wooden handles... that plugged into 120V. Suff them into the ground and the little buggers come top the surface to get away from the tingle.... the "safe" things that used to be sold in the 20's through the 60's or so. ;)

Like this
1710258486980.png

Metal rods is also how we used to collect worms prior to fishing trips. As a young kid we had a blast collecting and it was the highlight of the weekend.

As it relates to food - I guess. To me it is nothing more than gut load as these are not part of the animals normal food chain. Sort of strikes me as just because we can should we...

Jason Coy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That may be a great food source. But I only will give my fish what they would eat in the wild. If it works, then cool for you.
I would imagine that everyone feeds their live stock food that they would never eat in the wild and leave food out that they would eat, including yourself. It just is what it is.

Jason Coy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metal rods is also how we used to collect worms prior to fishing trips. As a young kid we had a blast collecting and it was the highlight of the weekend.

As it relates to food - I guess. To me it is nothing more than gut load as these are not part of the animals normal food chain. Sort of strikes me as just because we can should we...
All we can do is try and give our charges the nutrition that they need, in what ever way that we can. If he has been doing it for 50+ years then that is good enough for me. I agree that just because we can doesn't necessarily mean we should. Feeder goldfish is a prime example.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%

Back