For those with sumpless and rimmed tanks what ATO do you use?

thoeffe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been holding off on getting an ato because I have heard horror stories and am terrified of it flooding the living room, the flooring is not water proof. I am also limited to which ones will work in my tank because it wont be in a sump. I would prefer the water to not be far beneath the rim, a lot of sensors wont go high enough so I have like an inch water gap from the bottom of the rim. I also don't want to spend a ton on a auto top off.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been holding off on getting an ato because I have heard horror stories and am terrified of it flooding the living room, the flooring is not water proof. I am also limited to which ones will work in my tank because it wont be in a sump. I would prefer the water to not be far beneath the rim, a lot of sensors wont go high enough so I have like an inch water gap from the bottom of the rim. I also don't want to spend a ton on a auto top off.
Tunze has worked great for me for years with no problems!

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might have to make a custom mount to get the water level you want.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the sumpless ato in my nano. Works great, and keeps the water line above the trim on my 20 long

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the tunze osmolater nano 3152. I have a 40 gallon breeder from Petco with the black plastic rim and i think it works great. Had it for a year meow.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back