Forest fire digi help

  • Thread starter Thread starter alindell
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

alindell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2016
Messages
1,054
Reaction score
597
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I have had the worst luck with bubblegum and forest fire digis. It's one of my favorite corals and it's supposed to be easy to keep, but I find it more finicky than any other corals I have ever had including acros. I dont know why. I've noticed a weird phenomenon where they look good, then randomly lose color and seemingly die, but then sometimes come back.

I took a frag off a small colony that looked like it was dying then placed it higher in the tank and it came back with the green hue and red polyps while the Original colony withered away just a few inches away. No signs of disease or pests, no fish picks on them. Parameters are fine and all other corals are fine everything from soft to lps to SPS. Has anybody else had this weird phenomenon. Can anyone offer a solution or reason why.
 
I have always had the same issue with forest fire, my green branching montis on the other hand are almost an invasive species in my tank popping up everywhere from small fragments and crowding my acros. Curious if anyone has any insight
 
Bubblegum and Forest fire digi grows like weeds in my tank
 
I have always had the same issue with forest fire, my green branching montis on the other hand are almost an invasive species in my tank popping up everywhere from small fragments and crowding my acros. Curious if anyone has any insight
Yah I've got green and these purple blue ones that grow like crazy but in both my tanks forest fire can not do anything except one frag. It's partially shaded so I wonder if that does anything.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new