Formal club ideas - What do you want to see?

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best Web Hosting Reviews.Top 10 Web Hosting Review &Best Cheap Hosting

Here's a list of places who host websites. I'm not sure if a forum would work in this situation though because I think a forum requires a database server as well as a web server. I'm looking into it further. I have business class internet at my home and there is the possibility that I could host it but I'm not saying anything for sure.

Just giving an opinion, I/we use #3 'Bluehost' for my personal website, and the UPMMAS.com website.. Awesome customer service, and very reliable....

Otherwise, I really like the idea where you guys are going, I would like to join your club and possibly make a meeting or two, although, we are pretty far away...

Keep up the great work!!

Oh, and a Fox Valley Frag swap is an excellent idea!!!

MrSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know much about hosting stuff, but from what I remember when I was shopping around, it's not a given that all services can run all software. So if you're thinking of doing something vBulletin based like R2R, make sure that's not going to be an issue with whichever hosting service you look at. That's how I picked site5 - I went to the people that ran the forum sites that I frequented and that's who they were using.

Last edited:

daddavis1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Group buys just scratches the surface. We could potentially bulk order from wholesalers repackage for local distribution first to the club at cost, then outside for club profit.
Items like Light bulbs, Salt, Additives, algae cleanup crews, glue, di resin, carbon block and sediment filters, activated carbon, battery backups, ect.

Other items for club held inventory: Coral Propagation tools, specialty kits like iodine iron and Potassium, maybe some calibrated electronic meters for pH, Ca, Mg, dKh, Phosphate, Battery backups.

Other Services rendered by the club: recharging Di resin (I have done this), system trouble shooting, custom system modifications, inventory rescue and safe keeping, cabinetry help, perhaps even reef maintenance so we can go on vacations and not come home to disasters. Club for free because we have already paid, everyone else pays the club.

The club could also become a front for selling our frags also. This has been mentioned to some degree already.

Just my thoughts

shananigans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that's what I was worried about. I believe a forum needs a database server like SQL but I'm not positive. I know there are some options with Linux as well but I don't know how this all ties in with web hosting.. I am going to do some more research on it this week hopefully.

I don't know much about hosting stuff, but from what I remember when I was shopping around, it's not a given that all services can run all software. So if you're thinking of doing something vBulletin based like R2R, make sure that's not going to be an issue with whichever hosting service you look at. That's how I picked site5 - I went to the people that ran the forum sites that I frequented and that's who they were using.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back