Formal Club name and Logo?

Thunderstruck34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
how bout Bay Area Marine Society (BAMS)?

I was originally going to say Bay Area Reef Society but idk how everyone would feel about having (BARS) as the acronym. Would make for an interesting story if we ever hosted a swap. so anyone like BAMS or BARS?

OP
OP
Jhildebrand

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are a saltwater club and we're not exactly going to exclude fish only setups from the mix. I like the marine designation as it's a little more accurate. I could probably think of some way more offensive things than BARS :)

eskymick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there are many aquarists in the area with marine "fish only" setups. It's quite possible that most do not join or participate in this club because of their assumption (because of the name) that it's for reefers only. Then again, the question should be asked ... Is this club intended for reefers only?

Last edited:

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This club is going to be intended for all marine bio-topes. Weather it be a fish only tank or a reef tank. So I would have to agree with most we need to somehow incorporate the word Marine instead of Reef.

Bri Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess would be people with FO tanks are not "into" it as much as we are, and don't go through the trouble of finding online info or others with the same hobby, or looking for better deals to make there REEF keeping cheaper or easier.

Not trying to fight the Marine vs Reef in the name, just an observation ive made.

OP
OP
Jhildebrand

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, but when you take a look at all the FOWLR tanks out there that just happen to have some polyp rock , where do you draw the line of "reef"? Splitting hairs I know. Either way we're not going to exclude anyone, but just a thought. A lot of people start with fish, including a few of the members that just joined our forum. It'd be nice to make sure they don't feel like this for them because they don't have a tank loaded with coral.

kesslerkid01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what i am seeing is alot of this is going to be or not going to be from people when nothing has been decided for sure but i do agree that we want everyone included and not left out The way i see it no one person can say this is going to be or not going to be
every thing that is decided is done by the group right?

OP
OP
Jhildebrand

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not 100% on what you're getting at, but if you mean to ask if it has to be a group decision then the answer is "yes".

OP
OP
Jhildebrand

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't look like we've got any more to add, might as well with the meeting coming up...

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back