Forum grammar...

I can add to that from a mod perspective; it's not uncommon for a poorly constructed post, especially if it's a wall of text, to go without many answers.

While I agree one's grammar shouldn't be a determining factor in the help they get on a forum, the reality is it does. There's more out there like those of you above than they're willing to admit!
 
A "funny" side note.

When I was conversing with my moderator about proper grammar, one of his responses was "I speak American".

I was speechless!

I think all of the short hand texting: lol, idk, et. al, keep feeding this monster.
 
I am OCD with grammar and spelling - I understand forum and "text" speak and use it myself frequently, but...

Anyone else struggle?

I know I'm a grammar/spelling ****. I can't help it.
Technically, you're not "OCD with grammar and spelling", you're simply "obsessive compulsive (or OC) about grammar and spelling". [emoji6]
 
I am OCD with grammar and spelling - I understand forum and "text" speak and use it myself frequently, but...

Anyone else struggle?

I know I'm a grammar/spelling ****. I can't help it.


Ur an old fart. That's ur prob
 
Ur an old fart. That's ur prob

I hate when being 28 makes me an old fart. I guess you can't be young and communicate properly. They're mutually exclusive now.
 
I love this thread. I'm in a comfy environment with "my" people. It would be awesome to hook up with all of you for a drink or two! Not possible, but just the thought of it is cool.
 
I love this thread. I'm in a comfy environment with "my" people. It would be awesome to hook up with all of you for a drink or two! Not possible, but just the thought of it is cool.

You could still send me an e-drink (or a check for a drink). I'll send ya a video of me enjoying it! :cheers:
 
You sir, forgot a comma after the word, "there" lol

Hah! You are correct! According to "Writing With a Purpose", Tenth Edition, p. 533, section 20e one should use a comma after an introductory infinitive or participal phrase. Good catch :)

i think you deserve praise for your critical reading of my sentence and therefore i award you with a gold star which you may display wherever you think is most appriopriate and it will impress all your friends and family i think
 
Hah! You are correct! According to "Writing With a Purpose", Tenth Edition, p. 533, section 20e one should use a comma after an introductory infinitive or participal phrase. Good catch :)

i think you deserve praise for your critical reading of my sentence and therefore i award you with a gold star which you may display wherever you think is most appriopriate and it will impress all your friends and family i think

[emoji23][emoji844] I'm speechless!! Your sense of humor rocks!![emoji2]
 
This seems a bit rude tbh , some people have problems spelling or just don't care cause its a forum and most typing on cell phones. There shouldn't be a time ever you should make others feel lesser or there doing something wrong when some don't have control over it, just not very kind seems more like a issue better kept to yourself

Preach!
 
Lol I lot of people took this more personally than was intended.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new