OP
cee

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little more water and some rock (dry rock pieces, Tonga branch yet to come)

P1040126_zps463e3304.jpg

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...Now if only I could shake the recurring nightmare of a seam split and 200 gallons of water on my hardwood floors...
I have the same nightmare? Nice tank

OP
OP
cee

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're not as big as they appear, about 20 lbs. each. Remember, the tank is 36" deep so the normal sense of scale is off in this tank. It is going to take some getting used to.

I'm toying with the idea of transferring the livestock tomorrow. There is sufficient bacteria on the current LR to sustain the bioload and the other LR has been "cooking" for almost a month. I added about 20 lbs. of Tonga branch to provide some bridges and other places for fish to swim in and out of.

OP
OP
cee

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything was transferred today. I think it all looks good but it will be a few days before I know for certain.

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything was transferred today. I think it all looks good but it will be a few days before I know for certain.

Nice Dave, I hope everything makes it! Oh yeh, PICS!!!!

OP
OP
cee

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It'll be fine (better be), I'm certain. Placed an order for some more fish today and found my favorite urchin Toxopneustes pileolus. Do not go trying to steal my corals or the urchin will get you LOL.

Dave

OP
OP
cee

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a quick snapshot:

P1040129_zps78245756.jpg

The coolest thing about these DD tanks is that you can look into the side pane and it looks like you're looking at the front of the tank! The 36" depth, while a bit challenging to aquascape, adds a whole new perspective to viewing the tank.

Dave

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic Dave, I can't wait to see the tank in person and the urchin!

OP
OP
cee

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I canceled the urchin. I'm not quite ready to have respiratory failure and Barb needs me around for awhile longer LOL. I've always been fascinated by animals that utilize toxins to protect themselves. I've always wanted to keep a blue ring octopus but sanity always gets the better of me. Pictures pale in comparison to the effect having 36" of depth provides.

Dave

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come on Dave, you have to live a little on the edge sometimes! ;)

OP
OP
cee

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're right, Rob. It is not like an octopus that moves relatively quickly. You can just not reach into the tank until you identify the position of the urchin and then avoid going anywhere near it. I've always pushed the envelope a bit so why stop now, right? I never did find the yellow pistol while transferring over but did find the candy cane minus a tail (and still quite lively).

Dave

Last edited:
OP
OP
cee

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Guess I'll have to host a meeting one of these days. However, in order to do so, I need to be a club member. After all that has happened in our lives during the past year it is time to do so! I traditionally host the March meeting but that is likely too soon. Anyone know where Chad is hiding (ex-member who joined the Army and used to run a tattoo business)?

Dave

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess I'll have to host a meeting one of these days. However, in order to do so, I need to be a club member. After all that has happened in our lives during the past year it is time to do so! I traditionally host the March meeting but that is likely too soon. Anyone know where Chad is hiding (ex-member who joined the Army and used to run a tattoo business)?

Dave

I wouldn't say you had to be a member to host but your always welcome and we'd be glad to see ya. We have a sign up sheet in the sticky section for the club meetings. April is MTRC swap but if you wanted to do May that would be great. I don't think I know Chad, but I'd your looking for new ink I highly recommend Matt at Saint tattoo. He's outstanding!

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I canceled the urchin. I'm not quite ready to have respiratory failure and Barb needs me around for awhile longer LOL. I've always been fascinated by animals that utilize toxins to protect themselves. I've always wanted to keep a blue ring octopus but sanity always gets the better of me. Pictures pale in comparison to the effect having 36" of depth provides.

Dave

Speaking of Barb how is she doing? Blue rings are so cool, but I don't think I'd ever have one.

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know where Chad is hiding (ex-member who joined the Army and used to run a tattoo business)?

Dave

Last I heard (from his mouth) he had caught some felony charges and was looking at serious time in jail.

OP
OP
cee

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't say you had to be a member to host but your always welcome and we'd be glad to see ya. We have a sign up sheet in the sticky section for the club meetings. April is MTRC swap but if you wanted to do May that would be great. I don't think I know Chad, but I'd your looking for new ink I highly recommend Matt at Saint tattoo. He's outstanding!

April I'm participating in the DC Science and Engineering Exhibition (might make the swap, though), May we're in Alaska and June in California. Not going to happen soon, apparently.

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
April I'm participating in the DC Science and Engineering Exhibition (might make the swap, though), May we're in Alaska and June in California. Not going to happen soon, apparently.

Oh boy Dave, sounds like you are going to have a fun year, I think you and Barb definitely deserve it!

Back