Found part of my old RO.DI unit. Can this be used at all?

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting ready to buy and install a new RO.DI unit for our house so I dont have to keep buying RO.DI water from stores. I was in the hobby around 10 years ago, and found this old piece of our RO.DI unit in storage.

Can I use this for anything, or is it to outdated, or not enough equipment?

TDS.jpg

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes you could use it for many things. You could use it in your new ro/di set up for additional filtration either before with a sediment filter or a carbon filter or after either a mix bed di or a single bed. You can change out the fittings and use it on your tank as a gfo, carbon, or biopellet reactor.

snorklr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that meter is the same one as my 3 yr old BRS unit uses...and the cannister is universal and could be used to add an extra stage to a new system

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to know it’s still a useful piece! Just for lack of knowledge sake I’m going to use it for the new RODI setup. Any suggestions on what to get? Im guessing a BRS would be solid, and this was from an old BRS. I only have a couple small nanos so don’t need a lot of water. I plan on connecting it to our basements sink (I rent homes and typically move every year or two).

Thank you for any help!

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Akron, so that is relatively easy for me to find! I believe all that info is here: @Buckeye Hydro / @KStatefan
https://www.akronohio.gov/cms/resource_library/files/683a5add1a81ad37/current_ccr.pdf <----

Just a heads up though I don't have a lot of $$ and looking for something more affordable, and specifically something I can transport because I have been renting. I believe from talking to others about this though, almost all units can become transportable with the right add ons & equipment.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back